Welcome to Girls for a Change!
We’re a grass-roots initiative whose mission is “to empower girls to embrace their future, confident about their individuality, supported by friends, parents, and mentors and secure in their ability to lead and to achieve self-sufficiency, balance, fulfillment and success.”
Girls for a Change is made up of a Girls’ Core Committee and a Women’s Core Committee. Together, we plan an annual conference for 8th-12th grade girls across Montana, and participate in community service projects, international discussions and activities, awareness projects, and team building activities.
Recently, we have:
- Successfully hosted our 8th Annual Girls for a Change 100% Possible Conference for 185 girls from 34 Montana communities!
- Participated in the Aspire Conference hosted by Women’s Foundation of Montana!
- Hosted a group of Brazilian exchange students to participate in dialogue about what is 100% possible in our lives!
- Celebrated real beauty during “Love Your Body Day”.
- Attended the inauguration of President Cruzado.
- Participated in Clean Up Bozeman Day by cleaning up the area around Bozeman High School.
- Celebrated sustainability by hosting a “Water Challenge” booth at the Clean Up Bozeman Day Sustainability Fair.
- Improved a trail bed with Gallatin Valley Land Trust.
We’ve got great things planned for the near future, so thank you for your interest and feel free to contact us with any questions or comments, or if you want to join our mailing list sign up for our free email newsletter.
Girls for a Change is not related to the San Jose-based organization Girls for a Change. If you are looking for the San Jose-based organization please visit http://www.girlsforachange.org.